Website DesignDesign Through Evolution
These days you can make a website for almost nothing, you can even build your own with various software. However, it’s not always as easy as it seems.
Making a website work is truly an art.
Did you know:
- On average 50% of people leave a website without getting past the home page
- On average 80% don’t scroll down below the fold (i.e. don’t scroll past what is initially displayed to them)
- Typically a 1% decrease in website speed results in a 7% drop in conversions
- A 10% improvement in conversion results in an 800% improvement in sales.
You need to know how to combat this behaviour and keep people on your site. Probably the most important, at least in this day and age, it has to be mobile friendly.
We have developed a formula for website design and content that has proven successful time after time.
Within the first 8 seconds, the following must be met/identified:
- What is your value proposition?
- What are your key product/service benefits?
- What do you do, why and how you do it
- Strong calls to action
- Images /video that reflects what you do, with the preference being video
- Claim the expert space – what product are you selling? Why should the visitor use it? What makes you different?
- Bullet points – punchy copy
- Good use of headlines
- Search box
- Highly visible contact information and social media icons
Obviously there are other elements that are key to a good website layout. These are just a few.
What is Conversion Optimisation?
As you can see from the diagram on the right the impact of this process has a huge impact on your business. You can double your conversion with the right page structure.
This is where we come into our own.